Monday, August 18, 2008

Intentions

I have this weird thing going on where I think about doing certain things over and over but never actually convince myself to take the time to do these things. I have been meaning to catch up with my best friends for months, been meaning to blog here since the end of the school year, to whittle down my to-do lists, and to call my long lost sister. But hey, I've been burnt.

Intentions: got a lot of them but have not been acting on a whole lot of them. Medical school seems to drain the life out of me at times. Lately, I have been trying to convince myself that this is just how it has to be right now and that I need to just accept this. No money to travel, no time to visit friends, no western geography to play and conquer, and too much neuroanatomy to learn. Even this summer seems to have been focused on this medical school process and I am told that this was my last summer "off" as there are boards and clinicals in the upcoming summer months.

My ladyfriend has tried to drill the verb "should" out of my vocabulary. This is in an effort to stay in the moment, to stay balanced and healthy, and to not to commit to more than you are capable of....
our fridge even has a small piece of paper on it that reads,
"I am relaxed and centered. I have plenty of time for everything."

I think this is a good lesson. I still think I need to act on some of these intentions as I spend more time thinking about them than they would take to accomplish.

Looks like I will start blogging a little more again.
cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.