Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Republican ladies are driving me crazy.

Video Here
This is really McCain's pick? Thanks for shooting yourself in the foot dude.

Does this mean I can still live my lifelong dream of being a sports illustrated swim suit model? I mean if this woman, Sarah Palin, can be McCain's pick for VP after a couple years of political experience, shit, I could probably throw on a g-string and be on the cover of SI in no time.

Hockey mom in the Whitehouse. Fucking great.

And please don't give me any crap about how her story is merely symbolic of the "The American Dream" and how she is living it and is all for it. I have heard that jargon so many times in the last week (including the Dem convention) that it makes me nauseous just to hear the phrase. To me it screams over-consumption, oppression, ignorance, blindness, and idiocy. The American Dream has been narrowed down to being able to have 5 kids and still afford to feed them denny's and provide them with ample Flatscreen TV time. This country is heading in the wrong direction and everyone just wants to have the things that the people at the top, the ones leading us in the wrong direction, have tucked in their 10,000 sq ft homes. It is a sad state. And if you do support "the dream", it will surely not be coming to your home town with Republicans like Palin, capitalist extraordinaire, sitting in the White House. Keep the rich, rich and the poor, poor.

This woman stands against woman's rights, is pro-gun, anti-gay, pro-drilling, and is rumored to be sympathetic to the creationist movements within school systems. Sounds like an idiot to me.

Ohhh? This is a medblog? Sorry. Lets quickly nab a healthcare clip from M.D.O.D.'s positive review of this wonderful VP candidate.

"On healthcare: “I support flexibility in government regulations that allow competition in health care that is needed, and is proven to be good for the consumer, which will drive down health care costs and reduce the need for government subsidies.”"

On the economy: “I am a conservative Republican, a firm believer in free market capitalism. A free market system allows all parties to compete, which ensures the best and most competitive project emerges, and ensures a fair, democratic process.”
http://docsontheweb.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-think-im-in-love.html#links

Yeah, cause capitalism is really working out in the healthcare field. I personally love my insurance company. They never screw me over. Oh. And the millions of uninsured that can't even afford the crap I get to buy? Clearly market forces will help them out. Brillant MaCain/Palin. Sounds just like the Bush team.

And McCain's little lady.
Yeah, she was campaigning for daddy by heading over to Georgia for a little goodwill tour. Seriously, John, I don't mind another Cold War so that you can get elected. Really.
Why has he sent his lady friend over there?
Well religion and oil of course!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26396020/


John gives us a little history on how Georgia was one of the first Christian nations. Who cares?
Oh, and also it has massive oil pipelines.
Maybe Cindy and the Republicans can start another war over oil.

Is this a fricken joke? Are these people for real? This country now stands for

overdependence on oil without disregard or responsibility
international disapproval
fat people
ignorance
wars
shitty healthcare
environmental destruction.

yeah.
lovin' it


ps. neuroanantomy is going well. Having a little issue with sorting out all the Thalamus stuff but it will come. Lots of tracts rolling through the ol' "gateway to consciousness"








1 comment:

PGYx said...

Well if this is your rant then I'm on your side. Wish I felt differently b/c I hear ignorance is bliss.

I feel you on the thalamus challenge. On the neuroanatomy front in general, you might (in your vast spare time) check out Blumenfeld's Neuroanatomy Through Clinical Cases. Your school library might have it. If time is short just look at the cases.

Dr. White's Neuro board prep book is also awesome AFTER you have a some foundation in neuro. Might even be better as an adjunct now. I tutor neuro & have taken boards but his book just didn't do it for me first year (I'm terrible when it comes to learning directly from boards prep books). I was fortunate to have a neuro module in each pre-clinical year (PBL) and now tutor neuro on Dr. W's kind recommendation tho' I never took the class.