Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day in the Life of A Hippy, Telemarking D.O. Student

1. Wake up. Drink tea.
2. Drive to cafe. Study. Drink Coffee. Drink Coffee. Study more.
3. Blog 6 times. Read news. Check northwest snow conditions for upcoming backcountry ski trip in Washington State. It is dumping snow out there. Let out a whoop!!! in a quiet cafe. Ignore stares.
4. Go to 1.5 hours of Hot Yoga. Sweat my arse off.
5. Go to Whole foods. Eat rice and indian curry. Purchase kombucha tea. Ignore that fact that I am overspending my loan money.
6. Proceed back to Cafe for more studying. Tea.
7. Blog again.
8. Return to frozen hut with no power.

7

5 comments:

PGYx said...

1.5 hrs of sweaty yoga, nonstop blogging, lesbian hotspot cafes, & Whole Foods lunches -- who says med school isn't a barrel of laughs? :-)

Cherish any weekday flexibility (both schedulewise & bodywise) you have now. And look forward to 3rd year bringing you many free weekends during which you can do anything you want/need to do!

Hope you guys get warm soon!

PGYx said...

p.s. It's funny how no matter where I go or what I look like, I always end up befriending or being befriended by the hippy types.

If I get a horrified look when I mention brown rice then I know to move on. :-)

Guess you can take the girl out of the SF Bay Area....

Anonymous said...

dang, lots of posts. Some good rambling and interesting topics. Heading down to tenn and georgia for some climbing in the next two weeks. Have fun out west. Looking at a 76 harley with an iron head engine. Rad little bike, though it is purple. It will fit nicely with my new scarf. Tell the better half, I say hello.

tino


Oh, my yoga skills are ever increasing!!!

7 years said...

Yo tino!
Word to the harley...
I will be sporting this lo-rider on our road trips...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402931

see mg,
I can be a pseudo hippy....similar beliefs at times but really I dont look like one or smell like one ;)

you guys have some good holiday time
7

PGYx said...

I don't actually know anyone who look, smell, or smokes like an old skool hippy, but I always seem to meet folks w/new-style-hippy tendencies (e.g., they don't turn their noses up at natural food or biodegradable dishsoap!). :-)

I'm headed to the SF Bay Area for the holidays soon and look forward to visiting Cafe Gratitude, my favorite raw vegan restaurant. It may sound unappetizing to most, but the food is so good that even my parents enjoy it!