Friday, December 12, 2008

ICE


photo credit
Ice storm rolled through last night...

school canceled. test postponed.

next week: Heme system exam, OMM practical exam, and OMM written exam. Fun!

we are without power like most people. It may be a couple of days and boy does the house get a little nippy without power. Drove a little ways to check email and do some online studying...heading back to the dark cave now...

Highlight of the day: Forest run with the pups just after the sun decided to come out for a while. All the ice was reflecting the light and the dogs were wild, bashing through trees allowing them to shed the weight of all the ice. Looked like a disco...

Low of the day:
drinking this horrible Panera bread coffee (I mean real bad) just so I can be writing this and studying more!
7

3 comments:

PGYx said...

I think I'd just about die of cold if the power went out for too long. I burned out a portable car heater in less than a month. It felt so good under my coat on my drives to & from the hospital! Need to get another one of those...

7 years said...

Ahhh...it is bad, but not that bad. The bummer part is we have no wood stove so there is little in the way of generating much heat. By random luck we have a propane stove so we can heat water and such. Power company is saying 3-4 days....

PGYx said...

3-4 days without heat would put me in a coma. Or in a friend's place / hotel that has power. Your ladyfriend is a strong woman! Hope you're drinking lots of hot fluids & that your heat is soon restored.