Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm so new age hip.

On my way back from a meeting with the State EMS bigwigs (which was way cool), I stopped by my favorite cafe in my local favorite city (keeping it vague here). I was looking around at all the tattooed young folks, coffee sippin' poetry readers, guitar players, bike commuters, and couples of all shapes, sizes, and orientation. Then, I looked to the one place on the wall that I had never really thought to look in the past (this section of wall is not right next to all the art) and there it hung...

The plaque entitled "______'s Best Lesbien Bar and Wifi Hotspot" given out by a local magazine.

And that's when it clicked...

I am so god damn hip.

Comments? Thoughts?

Are you hip?

3 comments:

TKsports! said...

I lived in Boulder, Colorado for 4 years, I define hipness.

7 years said...

got me there. I only had 2.5

PGYx said...

"Are you hip?"

I'm pretty hip, but apparently not as hip as you are since I:

1) don't frequent any lesbian hot spots

2) lost my honorary Boulder residency when I broke up w/my musician ex-boyfriend

Enjoy your crown, my hip friend.